Friday, September 5, 2014

Life @ NUST: 1 - The Orientation Day

Well finally after a lot of prayers and "maghaz maari" (a word which I have replaced with "studying"), finally I am inside NUST...finally I am a NUSTIAN

The journey from college to NUST was very difficult. There were many hurdles on the way. The weather didn't want me to reach NUST Orientation on time but it didn't know who was it dealing with. Before the weather deceived me and turned the showers on, I deceived the weather and changed my dress to something very typical...Now the rains can catch me!

Now in my typical clothes, I rode towards NUST. But you would be thinking did I go to the Orientation seminar in my typical clothes? Well do you think I could do this to myself? Definitely "NO!!!"



So what I did was I took a bag full of wonderful clothes with me. I stopped by my relatives house which is at I-9 and changed over there. Then I again started my journey, now hoping that there won't be a big rain. But, you never know when you're wrong.

Again when I was about 10 min away from the Auditorium where the orientation session was being held, I was blessed by a shower again and now when I reached NUST, I was half wet down my shirt. This was a very depressing situation and I couldn't do anything at the moment except for going in and sitting over the cozy seat.

I went in and sat down on the chair. Cool breezes blowing from the AC making the situation all the more cool and by cool, I don't only mean the Wow part, but also I was freezing as my clothes were wet.

Then the organizing guys took us for a tour of SEECS. They showed us around. They showed us our classes. They gave us entry passes. But I think we don't really needed there help as we were all very excited to walk around SEECS on our own. But still, one cannot always move around easily so they were really good supporters at that time. "Thanks Orientation Guys" ☺

So this was indeed a sad story but sooner or later I realized that it was worth it.

Now I have to reach NUST on time whether there is the hot sun in the sky or a sky full of clouds.

No comments :

Post a Comment