Thursday, February 5, 2015

Life @ NUST: 15 - The End Semester Exams (ESEs)

So finally I met the one thing whole NUST was tensed about, "The End Semester Exams". It really does matter a lot, not only because I've written it in bold letters but the word "Exam" itself has quite much weight attached to it.



So, the ESEs started from 31st of January. They got late this semester, otherwise we would have been resting and enjoying ourselves. Firstly, we the class fellows thought we would prepare before Exams and then be relaxed. This strategy failed completely. Then we thought of studying in the preparation holidays between exams. This is what the authorities didn't allow us. They gave preparation holidays for exams which really didn't need any.

Still, we utilized all the holidays and all the time efficiently. Even I studied hard this time. I drank coffee to keep myself awake. I came late at home so I could study at my fullest inside University. I didn't play at all. I guess this is all I can do for study as it is really difficult to leave your daily activities for hectic things like these exams.

ESEs @ NUST is something totally different. Weeks before ESEs, you would see a maximum of 10 12 people in the library who would most probably be sitting with their headphones on and skimming through their books or they would be sleeping with the books in their front.

As time tightens, more people would approach the library and then only a week before exams, the library would be almost full. The remaining space of 8 10 people would be filled during the exams. Then there would be endless time of study.

Nevertheless, the great part about NUST is that you will see people who would be working really hard which is quite a motivation for a person like me. I really love to see people work hard and then I get motivated and that is the very moment when the world is about to change.

No comments :

Post a Comment