Thursday, June 11, 2015

Life @ NUST: 20 - Project Submissions

At the end of every semester, we the students have to complete the End Semester Project just to get a mere 20% of the total grading. Out of a total of 7 subjects (or 6 or 5, trust me I don't know ☺), 3 subjects had an end semester project which were to be submitted in the first week of june.

Trust me, this project thing is so much hectic! it makes us be awake all night. Me and my friends were like "Oh God! Why me!" and we were so exaggerating over the fact that the projects needed to be submitted within one week of starting date.


The fact is, the projects were given quite early but due to our excessive lackness of acting power, we were unable to start earlier and therefore had to complete it even at the last minute.

These days however, were quite interesting and amazing. I don't know about others but I somewhat enjoyed them and even though things didn't turn out how I had imagined (1 project out of 3 wasn't that good), I had plenty of memories to share.

During the Object Oriented Programming project, the lecturer had told us to divide the tasks amongst the team which I was leading. Alternatively, I wrote the whole code myself and then assigned portions to each of the team member telling them to learn and understand each and every line. This lead to us being the team which had divided the work amongst themselves quite efficiently. What we made was a text based version of game - "The Sims".

I won't even bother to say anything about the management project. God knows better about the fact that who in my teammates performed the best and who completely flopped the presentation.

Then there was the Digital Logic Design project. Damn! it was hard-wiring. I had to make traffic lights and that too alone. Why God? Why??? if all I could have was a group partner...things would have gotten much easier and efficient. I made the project, then some damn IC got haywire and voila! you have a flopped project which only has 2 out of 3 modules working. The sad part is, 3rd module was the most important. and secondly, my lecturer was too good at grading (in the most negative of ways) and that led to the fact that he may have placed me in the 3s among 7 marks...

But like I said, I enjoyed most of the part. Projects tend to increase mutual understanding, cooperation and reveal the ones who cannot work as a team or cannot work at all...

No comments :

Post a Comment