Saturday, October 18, 2014

Life @ NUST: 6 - The Dreadful [PLEASE READ AND CONFIRM] message

This is what I've been suffering from the past 2-3 days. I, along with all the students at SEECS, have been receiving [PLEASE READ AND CONFIRM] message which is some sort of test for checking whether everyone on the seecs email servers and groups is receiving mail or not.

We, the students at SEECS, are gifted with an email id which is connected to a server at NUST. All IDs are attached to different groups. For example, my ID is attached to BSCS-4A group as well as STUDENTS group so that when someone sends an email to students@seecs.edu.pk, he will be sending it to the whole campus as well as me and if he sends an email to bscs4a@seecs.edu.pk, he will be sending it to my whole class along with me.



On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM, an official from SEECS wrote:


Dear Students,


Please read the mail subject: [TEST2] [PLEASE READ AND CONFIRM]


And confirm by "Replying All" option, in case you had not received this mail. This will be a confirmation at all ends that, whether or not you are receiving your group mails.

It has come to our knowledge that some students have not been receiving group mails. Issue for those who highlighted has already been resolved. However, we believe that, there are some students, still facing the issue but may be unaware or overlooking. To help you resolve this, we are conducting this test. Please cooperate.


Best Regards



After this, the email fight has begun...

Everyone from SEECS campus was using "reply to all" and people like me were facing this situation. If I am not wrong, I received 100 messages right after this message was sent and then a 200 more when I switched my wifi back on again. Such an annoyance it was.

Even after the test ended and confirmation of its ending was given, people were still replying back to the email. It was not long after the replies that some seniors sent replies stating "For God's sake, stop replying" and then there was peace. Finally some PEACE!

No comments :

Post a Comment