Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Life @ NUST: 8 - The First One Hour Test

The first OHT of batch 2k14 being held in SEECS building live @ 9:30; don't forget to watch the confused and tensed faces of your batchmates. Live coverage will be given on Life @ NUST...

The OHT has been quite a problem for me; not because of the fact that I have to study much, but because I was late on the very first test and the invigilator told me to stand outside for an extra 5 mins. "What did you do? What did he did?" you ask? What I did was pretty simple; I waited for the invigilator to call me in.



What the invigilator did was, he came to me after 1-2 min. He started talking a brief interview of mine just to confirm whether I was a NUSTIAN or not. Then he asked me why I was late, to which I replied "I come a long way from home. There is traffic problem. I also travel on bike so problems do occurred" and his reply was "You should have started travelling by the night". No offense sir but I wasn't offended at all...At Peace...

Now then as I am in the basement of SEECS postgraduate building, where exam is being held, I sat down after placing my mobile turned off and laptop bag on the desired table.

As I touched the exam paper, I was shocked by seeing that the questions are totally conceptual. I mean I was really shocked; after 4 years of Board Examination and "rattaalisation" which we students call it, there wasn't a single need for that. We just needed to make our concepts clear and Voila! the paper could have been solved.

But really, my OHT didn't went that bad. I mean I answered everything conceptually. If my Communication Skills madam could understand the given concept easily and clearly, I am sure I will get a good A.

A One Hour Test and then we were all free. Some went to C1, C2; some went home; others like me sat on the uncomfortable chairs of library and started studying for the next OHT of Discrete Mathematics.

You might be thinking why I am here while I have an OHT tomorrow; well my problem is I can't be a "theeta" (a NUSTIAN word for studying nerds). Still I am going to try my best to pass the test and get a good grade.

By the way, I don't study much. A fact I heard: "Help will always be given at SEECS to those who deserve it"...Lol kidding! you don't seriously think I am a cheater do you? My rule is study honestly and pass the tests honestly...

No comments :

Post a Comment