Thursday, October 30, 2014

Life @ NUST: 10 - an accident outside the premises

To those who think I met an accident...They are totally wrong. I am perfectly fit and fine so haters may continue hating and the enemies may start crying because I am still visible on the face of the Earth.

So what happened was, yesterday night at 8, I was moving through the fast paced world on my heavy bike (Honda CD-70) towards my home when on the U-turn on main highway, I made a U-turn and was just about to accelerate when suddenly I heard a car crash behind me.



Honestly, my first attempt was to stop my bike and help the biker on the ground; I went and saw the man standing in perfect health in front of me. Along with him was a police officer wrapped in a brown shawl (Sheet of cloth) which I recognized later after the situation had ended. The bike was on the ground; back light, and the mudguard were stuck inside the car's bumper. The car was badly damaged from one side because of all this. What model is what you ask? On the basis of its smooth body, shine and everything; it looked as a brand new Honda City.

Anyways, when I went their, I saw a young girl stepping out of the car and moving quickly to see the damage while the two people on the bike were standing beside the car. Now here I am going to ask what is the difference between a regular student and a NUSTIAN? The answer is in between the following incident.

The girl came out of the car. She went to the man who fell down and asked if he was hurt or anything. The man, instead of seeing whether he or the other one was hurt or not, started yelling with the words:
Man: "Aap andhi hogai hain kya?" (Have you gone blind?)
Girl: "Maen bhi morh kaat rahi thi aur aap bhi kaat rahey they. Ahtiyaat nahin hui mujhse is liye lag gayi" (We both were making a turn. I got confused and that is why all this happened).
Man: "Aap ko to gaari chalaani nae aati. Mujhe lag jaati to aap sorry kehteen?" (You don't know how to drive a car. What if I got hit?)
Girl: "Dekhein maen apko sorry kar rahi hun. Maen ne nae dekha apko isi liye gaari lag gayi. Apka jo kharcha aaya hai, maen dene ke liye tayaar hun" (Look, I am apologising. I didn't see you that's why the car got hit. Whatever expense is to be done, I will give it to you)

Now what you see is, the girl is continuously apologising but the man isn't agreeing. Seriously, if it would have been me, I would have spared the girl and looked for my own injuries instead but NO! This man is too rude.

I was standing when this all was happening. I was comforting the girl as well as cooling the man's heater which was making him angry but No, that man was stuck on the point "Agar mujhe lag jaati to?" (What if I got hit?)

In all this, the bike was on the ground. I went to pick it up and some people came to help me. Just then, the Police man (the one sitting behind the biker) came and stopped us from picking up the bike, saying "Ye police case baneyga" (A police case will be filed). And my anger rose a bit but I didn't get angry; I still tried my best to pick the bike up. People helped me and the bike was off the ground.

Here comes the part where I get a bit angry on the police man's act. He's continuously calling it a Police case while all the people standing around were saying "Bhai jaaney do. Itni koi barhi baat nae hai. Shukar hai ke chott nae ayi. Raat ka waqt hai. Larki ko ghar jaana hai." (Let her go brother. It isn't a big matter. We must be thankful for no injuries. Its night. The girl has to go home.) but the Police man won't hear a word and he said "Abhi karta hun call" (I am calling an official)

I went to the police man telling him to stop making such a case since it was a common accident and he wasn't injured at all but he didn't listen. The girl told the people that she was the daughter of a Colonel and she will pay the expense if they let her go. Her family was waiting at the house. People were all on her side but the police man won't agree.

Finally I got fed up with the repeating lines "What if I got hit?", "I am calling an official", "This is a police case". I was standing beside the girl. I told her to stay calm and let me handle it.
I stood straight in front of the police officer and told him
Me: "Maen media se hun. yahan aabpara mein office hai. Kis cheez ka case kareingey aap?" (I am from the media. Office is in aabpara. On what charges will you file the case?)
Police man: (arrogant) "Media se ho to kya hua? Case to banaunga maen" (So what if you're from media? I will file a case).
Me: "Case karna hai na? Jayein karein. Maen bhi yahin pe kharha hun. Ye larki bhi yahin hai aur gaari bhi kahin nae jaa rahi" (So you want to file a case? ok then. Do it. I am standing here. The girl and the car are going nowhere.)
Police man: "Police case to karunga. Road accident hua hai" (I will file a case. Its a road accident)
Me: "Awaen ka case file kareingey? Maen bhi law ko jaanta hun aur ye larki bhi jaanti hai. Aap law ka ghalat istemaal kar rahey hain aur apko pata hai ye" (Filing a case for nothing? I and the girl both know law. You are misusing the law and you know it)
Police man: "Maen karunga case" (I will file)
Me: (now going to a climax) "Aap law ka ghalat istemaal kar rahey hain aur aap jaantey bhi hain" (You are misusing the law and you know it)

Finally when I went to a climax, the man realised he was doing wrong. People told him to take the money and leave. This is what he did after the girl gave Rs. 1500 money for his bike when the expense was no more than Rs. 500

Now I am telling you, the girl was a NUSTIAN and the man was a regular student; difference in arguing style, difference in situation handling, difference in almost everything.

What I am proud of a bit is that I did right. Even though I was a bit afraid what would happen...but I didn't stood beside the evil. That is what my God wants me to do.

No comments :

Post a Comment